Siskin Early LEarning Center
The Siskin Early Learning Center has over 12 classrooms which incorporate the Engagement Classroom Model that utilizes incidental teaching, zone defense scheduling, and integrated therapy into the child's day.
Learn more about the Siskin model in our Q&A video from Julie Mickel, Director of the Siskin Early Learning Center.
Little Miss Mag has joined the Siskin Early Learning family. To learn more about Siskin at Little Miss Mag click here.
About Siskin Early Learning Center
- Low teacher-student ratios
- Highly trained teachers and staff
- An integrated teaching model with related services support provided as indicated within the context of natural routines
- Full-time nurse on staff
- Every moment is an intentional teaching opportunity
- Children learn in a predictable, loving, and safe environment
- Children of all abilities grow and develop to their full potential by engaging in developmentally appropriate activities, being exposed to multiple instructional approaches, interacting with peers, and developing relationships in and inclusive environment
- Children learn through engaging play that encourages curiosity, exploration, investigation and discovery.
Accreditations & Certifications
Siskin Early Learning Center (SELC) is a TN STAR Rated Center committed to earning and maintaining accreditations and certifications in the areas of early childhood development and special education. Our staff implements best practice methodologies in the classroom to provide the highest quality early childhood learning environment possible and to comply with IDEA (Individuals with Disabilities Education Act) standards. The SELC is licensed by the Tennessee Department of Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities, is an approved Tennessee Category 1 private school and approved by the Tennessee Department of Education as a Child Care Center.
Siskin Early Learning Center is funded through Siskin Children's Institute.