Occupational, Physical, Speech-Language, and Applied behavior analysis
The Siskin Center for Developmental Pediatrics offers a range of therapies to help children with special needs overcome their developmental challenges. Developmental therapies refer to Occupational (OT), Physical (PT) and Speech-Language Pathology (SLP), and Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA) therapies. Children who require several therapies and some overlap such as feeding problems, which may be evaluated and treated by both occupational therapists and speech-language pathologists. Our therapists work together whenever possible to coordinate schedules and resources to make appointments as convenient as possible for children and families.
What to expect at your child’s therapy evaluation:
- Physician orders are required before services can be scheduled.
- Parents/caregivers must remain at the clinic during the entire evaluation. You are
encouraged to participate in the evaluation process with your child.
- Your child’s evaluation is scheduled for a 1 - 2 hour session. Most evaluations take
less time but may take up to the full time scheduled, please plan accordingly.
- Please arrange for childcare for your other children, so that you can take part in the
- If your child has had a hearing/vision screening, school evaluation or IEP please
bring the results.
- Complete the case history form (click here for forms) Be sure to list any concerns
you have about your child’s development.
For information on how to make a referral click here.