Siskin Early Learning Center enrolls children of all abilities in its early childhood development and preschool programs.
- Children with and without disabilities enroll with Siskin Early Learning Center much like any other private preschool. An applicant list is maintained for all children. Families often place a child on the waiting list before birth.
- Children with disabilities, siblings of already enrolled children and children of staff members are given priority in the enrollment process.
To download and apply for enrollment to the Siskin Early Learning Center, click here.
Children from ages six weeks to preschool are admitted to the Siskin Early Learning Center through private enrollment by parents. We promise quality preschool education in an inclusive learning environment.
The center maintains an applicant list to determine enrollment in our education programs. It is important for families to understand how our applicant list works. Instead of determining enrollment based solely on when families apply, other factors also are considered:
- When an opening arises, our staff refers to the applicant list to find a child who is the appropriate age, beginning with the earliest applications submitted.
- Priority is given to children with disabilities, siblings of currently enrolled children and children of staff members.
- Preference is given to families who desire full-time placement.
Parents are welcome to contact us with questions about the status of their child's enrollment – 423.648.1760 .
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Q | WHAT TYPES OF DISABILITIES DOES SISKIN CHILDREN'S INSTITUTE SPECIALIZE IN?
Siskin Early Learning Center specialize in developmental and behavioral disabilities including autism, down syndrome, cerebral palsy, developmental delays and a variety of other conditions.
Q | DOES SISKIN CHILDREN'S INSTITUTE ACCEPT CHILDCARE CERTIFICATES?
Yes. Siskin Children's Institute's Early Learning Center gladly accepts child care certificates.
For information on how to obtain child care assistance, please contact:
Human Services Division of Hamilton County, Tennessee
Eastgate Town Center
5600 Brainerd Road, Suite 602-B
Chattanooga, TN 37411
Phone: (423) 634-6200
Susan Bates, Field Management Director 1
Services: Food Stamp; Families First; Child Care Certificate; Medicaid; and TennCare
Learn more about the Childcare Certificate Program State of TN.
Q | DOES SISKIN CHILDREN'S INSTITUTE ACCEPT PART-TIME ENROLLMENTS?
Yes. Part-time enrollments are accepted, but preference is given to full-time applicants.
Siskin Early Learning Center is funded through the Siskin Children’s institute. It is recognized as a 3 Star Center by the Department of Human Services.
Siskin Children's Institute seeks to affirm the dignity and worth of every person. It is, therefore, the policy of the Institute to practice and ensure the fair and equitable treatment of all constituents with respect to race, religion, ethnicity, national origin, political belief, socio-economic status, age, gender, sexual orientation, or disability. The Institute promotes the full realization of this policy through all organizational practices including admission and participation in programs and services.